How can I take a stand for healthy relationships?
Begin by educating yourself; you then have the power and knowledge to educate your family…
Copy and Post one of the following teen dating violence statistics onto your Facebook or Twitter:
- Nearly 1.5 million high school students across the country experience physical violence at the hands of a dating partner each year (loveisrespect.org).
- One in three teens has experienced physical, verbal, emotional or sexual abuse from a boyfriend or girlfriend (loveisrespect.org)
- Younger women are significantly more likely (11%) to be victims of intimate partner violence than women in other age groups (DOJ BJS).
- Victims of teen dating violence are more likely to do poorly in school, binge drink, attempt suicide, and get into physical fights (CDC).
Blog about it! Possible topics:
- What do you want your ideal relationship to look like?
- How do you define Love?
- What does respect mean to you?
- How much jealousy is too much?
Download and Share one of the following teen dating violence images onto your Facebook or Twitter: