Hourly Rate: $14 Non-bilingual+$14.50 Bilingual
1 Intermittent 0 to 19 hours – Saturday and Sunday 12 am to 6 am
1 Intermittent 0 to 19 hours – Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 12 midnight to 6 am
This position reports to House Manager, is a member of the Basic Center Program/Youth Shelter Team. The Youth Specialist is responsible for assisting with day to day operations of the shelter. Position requires the direct care of youth, providing crisis intervention and field response services to youth, families and agencies calling YCOP’s 24-hour crisis line during assigned shift. Youth Specialists will provide life skill services and transportation of sheltered youth; provides awake supervision during overnight shifts of the facility, grounds, and residents. Position is required to carry out the care philosophies and approaches as they pertain to day to day operations of shelter care.
- Aid with shelter maintenance including all health and safety requirements, both inside and outside
- Complete all required documentation and provide timely communication to Manager and/or Director as required.
- Comply with all California laws and Community Care Licensing standards and reporting responsibilities.
- Assist with shelter entry during intake process, ensuring site is open and prepared for youth entry.
- Conduct and participate in intake interviews to determine program eligibility
- Provide direct supervision of residents and direct assistance as necessary in activities of daily living (hygiene, shelter cleanliness, nourishment, social, educational, recreational and transportation).
- Lead and supervise in the meal planning to include making of meals for and with program participants.
- Assist with developing an initial service delivery plan, monitor youth’s response to interventions and update or modify plans as indicated by youth’s response.
- Maintain updated case notes and maintain resident records in compliance with licensing standards within the designated agency system.
- Complete work activity reporting monitor for licensing requirements and maintain communication log.
- Insure for discharging of residents, per case plan.
- Provide telephone crisis intervention response to youth and families.
- Assess youth and family needs during crisis and determine need for temporary emergency shelter, provide emergency field response as needed.
- Conduct youth and family mediation.
- Conduct community outreach and engagement activities at community events.
- Complete all required training, attend weekly staff meetings and participate in in-service trainings.
- Attend weekly case reviews with program manager.
- Attend community meetings and collaboratives as needed
- Attend all staff and agency meetings.
- Adhere to state laws and Interface’s procedures regarding mandated reporting and confidentiality.
- Engage with youth and partners in a culturally sensitivity, attuned, and responsiveness manner.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary.
Minimum qualifications include two years or more experience working with youth and families in a crisis intervention capacity or in a residential facility, B.A. in psychology, sociology, criminal justice or related field and/or equivalent experience working with youth and families in a crisis intervention capacity or in a residential facility. Fluent bilingual English/Spanish oral communication skills preferred; interact effectively with and collaboratively with youth, mental health professionals, social workers and law enforcement. Ability to work night shift/weekend shifts as needed. Computer literacy with MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet. Must have means and capacity to perform job related duties with personal vehicle, as may be required, and must have proof of current automobile insurance, possess valid C.D.L. with agency carrier acceptable driving record. Submit to fingerprinting for criminal record clearance including child abuse index with acceptable results. Proof of current (within 1 year) negative TB test, or willingness to obtain one. Valid First Aid and CPR certification or willingness/ability to be certified. Maintenance of successful background and criminal clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com