Full time hours per week
Hourly Rate: $15 Bilingual Incentive Included in Rate
Assignment will end on 9/30/2021
Oxnard Site – Temporarily Remote
Currently working most hours from home temporarily due to Covid, however employees will be expected to work at their assigned worksite in Ventura County as needed or when we are able to return to offices.
This position reports to assigned management designee. Participates as a member of the Street Outreach team and Housing and Support Services department. The Specialist is responsible for providing street outreach services to out-of-home, runaway and homeless youth and youth at risk of homelessness; shelter placement; case management and follow-up services; youth advocacy and developing community awareness of needs of runaway and homeless youth, with a focus towards transitional age youth. When on duty, staff is responsible for providing crisis intervention and field response services to youth, families and agencies calling 24-hour youth outreach line during assigned shift. Duties may require considerable driving to meet with youth at schools and community locations. Staff are required to perform after hours’ on call services as needed. Requires some evening and weekend work for outreach events.
- Complete mandatory 40 Hour Life Space Crisis Intervention, Mediation and Domestic Violence 40 Hour Training, Commercial and Sexual Exploitation of Children 101, Harm Reduction, Family Development Matrix, Trauma Informed Care and continuing education and training as required by manager.
- Locate and provide mobile based street outreach to youth. Contact and develop rapport with runaway and homeless youth.
- Connect with schools, teen centers, community businesses and other community services where youth frequently are located.
- Provide out-of-home youth with necessary referrals and information for temporary housing and community resources.
- Complete intake/assessment/case plan/exit for each youth referred for services.
- Provide crisis stabilization, shelter assessment, crisis counseling, mediation, case management and follow-up services.
- Provide 24/7 coverage of Youth Outreach Line assigned shift.
- Provide face to face and/or phone interventions for youth and/or families.
- Provide transportation for youth activities and shelter placement.
- Coordinate and facilitate educational and recreational activities for youth placed in shelter.
- Provide appropriate resource, linkage and referral.
- Complete accurate and timely data input to electronic record.
- Maintain and interact in a culturally sensitive, respectful, and professional demeanor.
- Provide presentations to school personnel, police, community business and other community services where youth are frequently gathered.
- Maintain a liaison relationship with school, police, health providers, churches, and other groups who might provide services or referrals to SOP and other Interface programs.
- Attend community meetings with other service providers to share program information and coordinate services.
- Fulfill obligations as a Mandated Reporter.
- Complete statistical requirements and reports.
- Attend required staff meetings and participate in in-service trainings.
- Attend consultations with assigned management designee.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned or necessary.
Minimum BA/BS or equivalent experience. Prefer 1 year experience providing case management or crisis response services to at risk youth. Bilingual Spanish/English Speaking Required. Must be able to walk 2-4 hours per day as needed to provide outreach and engagement. Requires the ability to act as a mentor and coach in role modeling positive interactions and relationships. Interact effectively with and collaboratively with youth, mental health professionals, social workers and law enforcement. Ability to work night shift/weekend shift as needed. Computer literacy with MSWord, PowerPoint and the Internet. Must have means and capacity to perform job related duties with personal vehicle, as may be required. Submit to fingerprinting for criminal record clearance including child abuse index with acceptable results. Proof of current (within 1 year) negative TB test, or willingness to obtain one. Street Outreach Specialists are required to furnish their own automobile for use on the job. Valid First Aid and CPR certification or willingness/ability to be certified. Maintain successful background and criminal clearance required. Requires proof of valid California Driver’s License, auto insurance and maintenance of a driving record acceptable to the agency insurance provider. Must be 21 years of age or older.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org