PROJECT SPECIALIST – Family Violence Initiatives
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time – 40 hours
Hourly Rate: $18 per hour (.50 cent incentive for bilingual)
Bilingual: Spanish Preferred
Currently working from home and onsite temporarily due to COVID, however, employees will be expected to work at their assigned worksite in Ventura as needed or when we are able to return to offices.
This position is part of Family Violence Initiatives team that engages domestic violence organizations, early childhood educators and other community-based organizations locally and across the Central Coast region through virtual trainings, technical assistance and sharing of resources and best practices. This position reports to the Family Violence Initiatives Program Manager and provides specialized training and technical assistance to partner organizations across the region.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate specialized trainings on topics including, but not limited to, domestic violence, family violence and strengthening families. Projects will vary depending on emerging community needs.
- Provide technical assistance to community partners and train organizations that promote the continued knowledge and implementation of best practices when working with victims and survivors of domestic
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local, regional, and community partners and serve as a liaison between Interface and community partners.
- Engage underserved and culturally diverse populations through presentations and discussions related to domestic violence, child abuse and family violence.
- Provide crisis counseling and culturally and linguistically appropriate assistance to potential victims identified through training sessions or outreach.
- Develop trauma informed materials, presentations and content relating to domestic violence, family violence and contribute to a research-informed approaches to primary prevention, development and implementation of best practice and evidence-based training curricula and creativity for maintenance of social media and virtual education
- Participate in training, workshop development, and implementation strategies that contribute to the integration of evidence-based practices as a part of all training and technical assistance efforts.
- Assist with the 60-hour Domestic Violence Counselor and Human Trafficking Caseworker trainings and outreach activities both internally and externally as
- Assist with development, maintenance and distribution of program materials and resources as needed; keep management informed of program progress, needs, activities and community involvement.
- Complete program documentation, statistics and evaluations in a timely manner including pre and post evaluations, volunteer activities, outreach events and community involvement.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision, in service training and agency activities as
- Represent agency at assigned community and regional meetings, taskforces, councils, workgroups, or outreach events as needed.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with participants, colleagues and partnering agencies.
- Serve as a mandated reporter of child and elder abuse as
- Other duties as
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of family systems, dynamics of domestic violence, substance abuse, child abuse, parenting, child development or the cycle of violence required.
- Minimum 2-years of experience with public speaking and ability to engage a wide range of audiences required.
- Must possess strong crisis intervention skills and have firm knowledge of reporting laws.
- Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to work independently and maintain flexibility.
- Experience with private and/or public social service agencies desirable.
- Self-Motivation, initiative and strong relationship building skills required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team and maintain flexibility.
- Flexibility of schedule required, evening and weekend work may be required.
- Spanish fluency, both oral and written is preferred.
- Requires computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Zoom, Canva, Outlook and the internet.
- Requires completion of 60HR Domestic Violence Counselor and Human Trafficking Caseworker Training (CA Evidence Code Section 1037.1 & 1038.2) within 3 months of hire.
- Successful background and criminal clearance required,including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered) and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org