TITLE: Justice Services Program Lead III – Juvenile Facilities Service Coordination Bilingual PREFERRED
Full-time: 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $23.50/hr +Eligible for .50 bilingual certification
Work Location: Ventura County Juvenile Justice Facility- Requires additional security clearance.
Schedule Monday-Friday Hours may vary
This position reports to assigned Justice Services (JS) Program Manager. As a member of the Juvenile Facilities Program Coordination Team, the Program Lead is responsible for assisting the Justice Services Director and Program Manager with support and oversight of program staff, implementation, and monitoring of service coordination activities at the Ventura County Juvenile Justice Facility. The Program Lead will be responsible for ensuring all program deliverables are met, assist assigned Ventura County Probation Agency (VCPA) leadership staff and Interface JS Program Manager with drafting Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Memorandum of Understandings for subcontracted services at the facility. Will work with the JS team to identify gaps in services, assist with record-keeping to track Title 15 compliance (mainly sections 1371: Programs, Recreation, and Exercise and 1372: Religious Programs.) Foster relationships with community based organizations, ensure back-up programming in event a service provider is not able to deliver services, provide staff support, facilitate meetings and trainings with school personnel, collaborate with VCPA leadership, staff, and mentors and seek input from families to develop a comprehensive program to be approved by JF facility leadership.
- Assist JS management with hiring, onboarding, and training of new staff – including development of a training schedule for current and new staff.
- Provide ongoing leadership, oversight and support for all assigned program staff.
- Lead project activities, communicate goals and work to identify solutions to any identified barriers.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with public and private community agencies, who will provide services to youth residing in the juvenile facility.
- Collaborate with JS Program Manager to develop a Programming Guide/Matrix.
- Coordinate with JS Operations Manager and Project Specialist to conduct fidelity reviews of all evidence-based programming (EBP).
- Create weekly and monthly programming/activities schedules and ensure program has services scheduled at the facility 365 days per year, from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Develop, and deliver facility-wide pro-social events.
- Leads project partnership calls and discusses programmatic changes and adjustments based on fidelity evaluations.
- Develop and maintain organizational processes to monitor and update service data in electronic database.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of program activities.
- Assist with data collection, grant reporting, and complete program documentation, statistics, and evaluations in a timely manner.
- Work with JS service coordination team to process referrals for service, prepare and disseminate weekly reports on client progress, gather and organize data related to the project as needed.
- Field all program specific calls from community partners related to services and acts as a liaison and representative of the agency.
- Collaborate, attend, and participate in staff meetings and trainings both internal and with VCPA.
- Support a positive working environment and demonstrate a team spirit with the department, agency, partners, and community at large.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with clients, colleagues, and partnering agencies.
- Participate in weekly supervision with supervisor.
- Attend in-service training and agency activities as applicable.
- Serve as a mandated reporter of child and elder abuse as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred with ability to perform all duties in both languages as needed. Ability to develop respectful and supportive relationships with key partners, stakeholders, and clients. Must maintain confidentiality of client and staff information and records. Must possess strong crisis intervention skills and have firm knowledge of reporting laws. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures and languages. Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds. Must be detail oriented with excellent written/verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills. Experience with private and/or public social service agencies desirable. Extensive knowledge of criminal justice system, family systems, family violence, substance abuse, child abuse, motivational interviewing and/or stages of change preferred. Requires computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Zoom, Canva, Outlook and the internet. Must be able to meet deadlines and assist in completion of time sensitive projects. Must be able to function in a team environment and interact productively with various organizational cultures, and yet be able to work independently when required. Solid writing skills to satisfy project documentation requirements. Flexible and non-structured work hours. Successful background and criminal clearance required, including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, automobile insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org