TITLE: Program Lead II- Juvenile Facilities Volunteer Services Coordination Bilingual PREFERRED
Full-time: 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $22.50 + Eligible for .50 bilingual certification
Work Location: Ventura County Juvenile Facilities- Requires additional security clearance. Schedule Sunday-Thursday Hours may vary
This position reports to assigned Justice Services (JS) Program Manager. As a member of the Juvenile Facilities Services Coordination Team, this position is responsible for the coordination of the Volunteers in Probation (VIP) Program within the Ventura County Juvenile Justice Facilities (JJF). Will coordinate the recruitment, onboarding, training and celebrating of volunteers who work with youth and young adults residing in the JJF. Will collaborate with program leadership and staff to ensure all deliverables are met and appropriately documented. Will work with the JS team to identify gaps in services, assist with record-keeping to track Title 15 compliance (mainly sections 1371: Programs, Recreation, and Exercise and 1372: Religious Programs), foster relationships with community-based organizations to increase awareness of volunteer opportunities, ensure back-up programming in the event a service provider or volunteer is not able to deliver services, collaborate with VCPA leadership, staff, and mentors and seek input from families to develop a comprehensive program to be approved by JF facility leadership.
- Recruit, screen and train VIP volunteers and service
- Provide ongoing leadership, oversight and support for all volunteers and assigned program
- Collaborate with team members to develop all programming/activities schedules and ensure the program has services scheduled at the facility 365 days per year, from 10:00 AM to 8:00
- Develop, and deliver facility-wide pro-social events
- Develop and implement a public relations program to recruit volunteers – including PSA’s, news releases, volunteer packets and public speaking.
- Maintain the volunteer screening protocol for VIP program, which includes all Interface, and VCPA federal and state legal/licensing requirements (i.e., reference checks, T.B. tests, CPR, fingerprints as required).
- Consult with team members to determine volunteer needs and requirements and assist programs in designing volunteer recruitment plans.
- Match volunteer interests and abilities with program needs. Consult with program personnel to appropriately fill volunteer requisitions.
- Develop an accountability system that will monitor volunteer utilization and performance.
- Assist Program Managers in development, coordination and implementation of volunteer training programs including orientation, initial and ongoing training.
- Ensure the compilation and completion of all volunteer personnel files including all initial screening and acceptance materials, evaluations and exit materials.
- Participate in the implementation of an VCPA volunteer appreciation program including certificates, volunteer of the month, plaques, social events etc.
- Maintain a volunteer database and develop and maintain a volunteer tracking system.
- Develop and maintain a volunteer procedures manual.
- Complete statistics and reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred with ability to perform all duties in both languages as needed. Must have prior experience with the coordination and oversight of volunteers. Ability to develop respectful and supportive relationships with volunteers, key partners, stakeholders, and clients. Must maintain confidentiality of client, staff and volunteer information and records. Must possess strong crisis intervention skills and have firm knowledge of reporting laws. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures and languages. Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds. Must be detail oriented with excellent written/verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
Experience with private and/or public social service agencies desirable. Extensive knowledge of the criminal justice system, family systems, family violence, substance abuse, child abuse, motivational interviewing and/or stages of change preferred. Requires computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Zoom, Canva, Outlook and the internet. Must be able to meet deadlines and assist in completion of time sensitive projects. Must be able to function in a team environment and interact productively with various organizational cultures, and yet be able to work independently when required. Solid writing skills to satisfy project documentation requirements. Flexible and non-structured work hours. Successful background and criminal clearance required, including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, automobile insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com