Program Assistant– Family Violence Intervention Services Department
Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Rate: $18/hr +DOE
Need for attention to detail, flexibility, work independently as well as a part of a team, familiar and comfortable with spreadsheets, takes initiative and able to multi-task.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing program and project support to the Family Violence Intervention Services Director and Program Managers, participating as a valued member of the domestic violence and human trafficking prevention and intervention teams and the agency. Demonstrate a spirit of community, excellence, integrity, respect and service. Represent the agency mission, vision and values. Serves as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code 1038.2, as well as a Domestic Violence Counselor as stated in California Evidence Code 1037.1.
General Job Duties
- Acquire a thorough understanding of department and agency programs.
- Collect and manage different types of data while maintaining confidentiality.
- Compile and prepare reports for multiple stakeholders using program specific databases.
- Handle program and client information with sensitivity and maintain confidentiality.
- Oversee data collection, complete data entry and generate program reports for multiple contracts.
- Perform quality assurance of service data and client records.
- Conduct research and prepare summaries of information for department development.
- Maintain assigned contract binders and rosters ensuring contract compliance.
- Collaborate with agency evaluation team and external evaluators for program evaluation efforts.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate support to stakeholders and potential victims as needed.
- Attend task force and collaborative meetings and generate meeting reminders and minutes.
- Collaborate with FVIS Director to draft and update operational agreements and coordinate signing with partnering agencies.
- Provide excellent customer service to stakeholders and the community.
- Collaborate with management to provide data for evaluation and fund development requests.
- Collaborate with evaluation team to generate reports.
- Collaborate with management to update and maintain program brochures, forms and manuals.
- Provide support to victims through the FVIS crisis hotline and walk-ins as needed.
- Participate in community outreach, agency staff meetings, trainings and department events as needed.
- Collaborate with department and agency staff on assigned projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: BA/BS or equivalent years of experience in above assignments; minimum three years of data management and administrative experience. Previously acquired solid level of administrative skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize, meet deadlines and provide excellent support internally and externally. Able to review and keep confidential sensitive information and work with director and managers to complete projects; conduct research and literature review to accomplish specified tasks; compare and contrast verbally and in writing one document to another; and have a genuine interest in systems and processes to ensure efficient workflow. Demonstrate competency to conduct college level data outcome analysis, develop spreadsheets with formulas and pivot tables. Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skill level using Microsoft Office-including Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher. Demonstrate database knowledge. Able to meet deadlines and assist in completion of time sensitive projects. Experience providing assistance to multiple programs and various levels of staff. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures and languages. Must complete the required 60-hour Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence training within 3 months of hire. Maintain confidentiality of staff information, contract budget information and client records. Successful background and criminal clearance required, including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, automobile insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org