Prevention Specialist II – Teen Dating Violence Prevention Services
Hourly rate: $18 + $1 Bilingual Certification
Full-time 30 hours per week
Currently working from home and onsite and in the community, travel within Ventura is required, assigned to Ventura office.
The Prevention Team is part of the Family Violence Intervention Services Department and conducts school-based prevention programing and specialized community training, education and outreach in the areas of child abuse, family violence, teen dating violence and human trafficking. This position reports to the Prevention Services Program Manager and assists with planning and coordination of the teen dating violence prevention programs, activities, outreach, and educational workshops on the topics of child abuse, family violence and human trafficking.
- Develop and coordinate the planning and scheduling of Teen Dating Violence prevention programs and their activities.
- Coordinate community education presentations and outreach activities with schools, community-based organizations, governmental and private agencies.
- Facilitate and coordinate communication with local schools and community-based organizations to market prevention programs and work collaboratively with team members to initiate and respond to local school and community requests for presentations.
- Facilitate evidence-based and informed programing as assigned for educators, youth, parents, community agencies and partners on the topics of child abuse, teen dating violence, family violence and human trafficking in person and through virtual platforms.
- Facilitate presentations for children and youth, school staff, administrators, parents and caregivers, and community partners to raise awareness and knowledge of teen dating violence prevention.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with schools, administrators, community organizations, parents, volunteers, youth organizations and other agencies participating in prevention programs and serve as liaison between Interface and other community entities.
- Provide crisis counseling, culturally and linguistically appropriate assistance and referrals to potential victims identified through presentations and outreach.
- Provide support and assistance with the planning and facilitation of the Domestic Violence Counselor and Human Trafficking Caseworker Training.
- Remain up to date with research-informed approaches to primary prevention, development and implementation of best practices, evidence-based training curricula and creativity for maintenance of social media and virtual education components.
- Develop social media content for youth, parents and community on relating to child abuse, teen dating violence, family violence and human trafficking prevention.
- Assist with development, maintenance and distribution of program materials and resources as needed; keep management informed of program progress, needs, activities and community involvement.
- Complete required documentation, statistics and program evaluations as required including pre and post evaluations, volunteer activities, outreach events and community involvement.
- Participate in assigned meetings, workshops or committees for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions and remaining knowledgeable within assigned program service areas.
- Represent agency at assigned community meetings, taskforces, councils, workgroups and participate in staff meetings, supervision, in service training and agency activities as applicable.
- Participate in community outreach and family violence prevention and awareness activities including speaking engagements.
- Support a positive working environment and work successfully as a member of the team.
- Provide information and referrals for child abuse, dating violence, domestic violence, mental health, and other appropriate community-based services for potential victims as needed.
- Serve as a mandated reporter of child abuse.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of an B.A. degree in related field or equivalent with 2+ years of experience working with family violence or child abuse prevention.
- Extensive knowledge of family systems, domestic violence, child abuse and family violence prevention required.
- Minimum 2-years of experience with public speaking and ability to engage a wide range of audiences required.
- Experience working with family violence related issues such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, sexual assault or teen dating violence is required.
- Experience working with children, families and educators required.
- Must have firm knowledge and understanding of mandated reporting laws.
- Self-Motivation, initiative and strong relationship building skills required.
- Experience working with educators, social service providers, and other community organizations required.
- Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team and maintain flexibility.
- Requires computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Zoom, Canva, Outlook and the internet.
- Flexibility of schedule required, evening and weekend work may be required.
- Requires completion of Domestic Violence Counselor and Human Trafficking Caseworker Training (CA Evidence Code Section 1037.1 & 1038.2) within three months of hire.
- Successful background and criminal clearance required, including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, automobile insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Drivers License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com