Mental Health OAIII
Bilingual Spanish/English Required
Hours: Full Time
Rate: $$18.00 + $1.00 Bilingual Certification
DESCRIPTION: Reports to Operations Manager. Responsible for initial contacts with individuals and families requesting services, scheduling, quality review, billing, data input and reports. Answers calls and process request for services received on intake line, web based and fax. Coordinate with on call clinician for triage and initial session. Schedule with next available clinician. Enter data into Tier. Provide quality review and remediation according to documentation standards. Complete billing and data entry into external systems. Generate reports to meet contract requirements. Provide general office support to the department.
1. Provide timely services information using excellent customer service skills to callers.
2. Complete general program eligibility screening, collect general data and input into electronic systems.
3. Provide referrals and/or schedule ongoing treatment services with clinician.
4. Complete transfer to on-call clinician for triage and initial session.
5. Complete accurate and thorough data entry into billing and data systems.
6. Perform technical quality review of Tier data and documentation according to compliance standards.
7. Review and complete assigned reports and documents for accuracy.
8. Provide service updates to community partners.
9. Maintain positive internal and external relationships with department providers and community partners.
10. Liaison with clinical team and management to ensure accuracy of Tier Scheduler.
11. Engage with community and community partners in a respectful, kind and equitable manner.
12. Comply with HIPAA standards and maintain confidentiality.
13. Provide office support for department needs as requested.
14. Participate in mental health electronic health records review.
15. Attend supervision, agency, department, team and training meetings as requested by management.
16. Maintain lines of communication with supervisor and other program staff.
17. Support a positive working environment and work successfully as a member of the team.
18. Fulfil mandated reporting requirements.
19. Other related duties as assigned.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) oral/written required. Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent relevant social work, mental health or case management experience required. Demonstrate cultural awareness, equity and inclusion. Utilize trauma informed skills to complete screenings, engaging with diverse populations seeking mental health services. Demonstrate quality customer service skills with internal and external stakeholders, collaboration skills, attention to detail, knowledge of effectively responding to challenging situations, assessing when to involve manager in meeting needs of callers, providing resources and referrals, crisis stabilization and de-escalation protocols. Knowledge of mandated reporting law and mandated reporting. Expert phone and organizational skills completing work thoroughly and accurately. Computer literate with comfort and ease using Microsoft Word with intermediate to advanced Excel and electronic health record experience. Medi-Cal compliance standards training providing quality review using electronic health record experience a plus. Must demonstrate a solid work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently as well as participate as part of a multidisciplinary team. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org