TITLE: Medi-Cal Navigator – Bilingual REQUIRED
Full-time: 30 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $17.50 (Bilingual Incentive Included)
This position reports to the assigned Justice Services MNOE Program Manager. As a member of the Medi-Cal Navigation Outreach and Enrollment (MNOE) team, the Justice Services Navigator is responsible for assisting Ventura County residents to determine Medi-Cal eligibility, provide Medi-Cal application assistance, Medi-Cal redetermination assistance and Medi-Cal retention services in office and online. Navigators will be expected to work in the field and in-office and will be supervised by the Program Manager. Navigators will be expected to adapt to diversity and the cultural contexts of individuals and communities served. Navigators will act as a liaison between all interagency departments and external partners to provide status updates and engagement efforts. Regularly attends all mandatory meetings. Does not supervise any other staff or volunteer.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts according to Child and Elder Abuse Reporting laws.
- Develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with assigned clients and families.
- Engage client and family in accessing program services
- Coordinate referrals and linkages to identified resources in the community.
- Screen and determine Medi-Cal for eligibility
- Offer 1:1 Support with Medi-Cal application process
- Assist with virtual education and information events
- Assist clients in completing and submitting Medi-Cal applications
- Assist clients in obtaining verification necessary to establish eligibility
- Support HSA via “cold calling” prospective clients
- Provide verbal translation of forms and notices, as needed
- Assist in obtaining and submitting verification of required forms
- Assist in accessing and utilizing health care services including recommended health check-ups, informing of Medi-Cal and Gold Coast Health Plan services and explaining benefit card usage.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with public and private community agencies in order to facilitate Medi-Cal referral and linkage opportunities for eligible clients.
- Maintain a variety of confidential and non-confidential records for the purpose of documenting activities, providing up-to-date reference and audit trail and/or ensuring the availability of items.
- Complete and submit timely documentation on each required service according to contract and/or program requirements.
- Participate in staff development and training; including, but not limited to, strength-based and trauma informed approaches to serviced deliver.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual English/Spanish Required. Ability to perform all duties in both languages as needed. Demonstrate cultural and linguistic competencies, value diversity, and an ability to assess oneself. B.A. in psychology, sociology, criminal justice or related fields or two years of equivalent work experience. Ability to develop respectful and supportive relationships with key partners, stakeholders and clients. Experience and knowledge of Ventura County community resources and Medi-Cal applications preferred. Must be able to function in a team environment and interact productively with various organizational cultures, and yet be able to work independently when required. Solid writing skills to satisfy project documentation requirements. Flexible and non-structured work hours. Experience working with Microsoft Office. Experience with Case Management. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org