TITLE: Client Advocate II – Human Trafficking Task Force
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week
Hourly Rate: $18.50 Bilingual Incentive Included in rate
This is a hybrid position – onsite and remote. Client Advocate II will report to Camarillo, Family Justice Center, Human Trafficking Shelter location depending on business need.
The Human Trafficking Task Force is an enhanced collaborative committed to serving justice and healing for victims and survivors of human trafficking. The Human Trafficking Task Force Client Advocate II reports to the Human Trafficking Task Force Program Manager and constitutes a member of the Human Trafficking Prevention & Intervention department (HTPI). Provides trauma informed, client centered, culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy, case management, and support services to for victims and survivors of human trafficking identified by the Ventura County Human Trafficking Task Force. Serves as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code 1038.2, as well as a domestic violence counselor as stated in California Evidence Code 1037.1.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy and case management services to help survivors heal from their trauma and establish their autonomy.
- Provide immediate in person or over the phone crisis counseling, engage client in ongoing safety planning, assess for basic needs including eligibility for public and community-based programs and link to appropriate referrals including shelter, childcare, and legal assistance for Task Force referrals, clients; and/or through the 24/7 Domestic Violence & Human Trafficking Hotline.
- Work at multiple ICFS and satellite locations; maintain the confidentiality of safe house locations.
- Participate in Task Force multidisciplinary subcommittee meetings.
- Participate in the coordination of operations with law enforcement and other service providers. (after-hours or weekend operations included).
- Provide victim assistance to potential victims at operations related to the task force as needed.
- Conduct outreach to identify, build and strengthen relationships with service providers including housing, medical, dental, childcare, legal, transportation and educational partners.
- Coordinate with Lead Advocate with the development and implementation of trauma-informed case management centered around clients’ individual needs.
- Ensure clients are offered and receiving appropriate interpretation services.
- Collaborate with program manager, team lead, and other team members to provide victim advocacy and support during law enforcement stings and other operations planned through the Ventura County Human Trafficking Task Force.
- Collaborates with other service providers for the benefit of each client’s success, including participation in treatment team meetings with child welfare, the Interface youth shelter staff and client’s therapist, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with On Call Responders for in-person emergency response to victims, when requested by law enforcement and medical providers. May include some weekends and Holidays.
- Coordinate application process, assistance, and support for clients in need of Victims of Crime Compensation, Safe at Home, Domestic Violence restraining orders, etc.
- Maintain confidential client files as well as complete and timely submit all required documentation, statistics, and evaluations.
- Maintain updated case notes, service logs and other documentation as required.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with clients.
- Maintain lines of communication with supervisor and other program staff following each shift or for assistance when troubleshooting.
- Participate in community outreach and prevention/awareness activities including speaking engagements, trainings, and groups.
- Participate in planning sessions that contribute to the success of the program and Ventura County Human Trafficking Task Force.
- Support a positive working environment by demonstrating a professional demeanor and collaborative partnership with fellow team members, volunteers, partnering agencies and community members.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and in-service trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelors’ degree in psychology, sociology, victimology, criminal justice, or related field and/or equivalent experience working with individuals with complex trauma due to exploitation. Must have fluent bilingual English/Spanish or English/Mandarin oral communication skills. Ability to handle emergency/crisis situations, as well as possess strong skills in decision making, case management, conflict resolution, leadership, and excellent time management skills. Ability to work evening shift/weekend shifts as needed, requires flexibility with schedule as crisis situations may necessitate staff to respond outside of normal schedule. Must be able to prioritize tasks, organize thoughts and communicate well both verbally and in writing. to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures and languages. Familiarity with motivational interviewing, and trauma informed approaches is preferred. Must have completed or be available to complete the required Domestic Violence Counselor and Human Trafficking Caseworker Trainings pursuant to CA Evidence Codes 1038.2 and 1037.1 within 3 months of hire.
Must maintain the confidentiality of the shelter locations as well as all information pertaining to clients receiving services. Requires ability to collaborate with agency staff and community partners while demonstrating exemplary customer service. Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office and the internet. Must be familiar with mandatory child abuse reporting requirements. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com