Client Advocate II –– Bilingual Required
Family Violence Intervention Services
Hourly rate: $18.00 + $1.00 Bilingual Certification
Full-time 40 hours per week, Sunday – Thursday
Female preferred based on client ratios.
Must be able to provide on-site and in-person services. No remote work available.
Reports to the Family Violence Intervention Shelter Services & Response Team Program Manager and constitutes a member of the Family Violence Intervention Services Department. Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy and case management services to help survivors increase their safety, heal from their trauma and establish their autonomy. Serves as a domestic violence counselor as stated in the California Evidence Code 1037.1 as well as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code 1038.2. Responsible for providing restraining order assistance, court support and advocacy for victims of domestic violence and human trafficking including providing in-person crisis response and access to resources.
- Respond immediately by phone or in person to victims and other callers through the crisis hotline and provide crisis counseling, information and appropriate referrals.
- Work at multiple ICFS office & shelter locations including the Ventura County Family Justice Center.
- Coordinate and assist clients in completing and filing applications for Victims of Crime Compensation, Safe At Home, court documents as well as explaining the Domestic Violence Restraining Order process.
- Provide support and advocacy for clients with medical, legal and social service needs.
- Facilitate transportation from safe locations to court, emergency shelter and other necessary appointments.
- Complete and timely submit all required documentation, statistics and evaluations.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with clients, colleagues and partnering agencies.
- Participate in community outreach and family violence prevention/awareness activities including speaking engagements, trainings and groups.
- Maintain lines of communication with supervisor following each shift or for assistance when troubleshooting.
- Support a positive working environment and work successfully as a member of a team.
- Serve as liaison with community partners and volunteers.
- Represent the agency and department as well as fostering relationships with partnering agencies and programs both locally and statewide.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, volunteer and in-service trainings.
- Participate in local and state task forces and committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual English/Spanish required. Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, or related field or equivalent experience working in the field of domestic violence. Ability to handle emergency/crisis situations, as well as possess strong skill in decision making, case management, conflict resolution, leadership and excellent time management skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks, organize thoughts and communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Requires flexibility with schedule and crisis situations may necessitate staff to respond outside of normal schedule. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures. Must have completed or be willing to complete the required 60-hour domestic violence and human trafficking training within 3 months of hire. Must maintain the confidentiality of the shelter locations as well as information pertaining to clients receiving services. Requires ability to collaborate with agency staff and community partners with demonstrating exemplary customer service. Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office and the internet. Must be familiar with domestic violence advocacy services. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com