LIFT Case Manager- Bilingual PREFERRED
Full-time: 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $17 an hour + 0.50 bilingual incentive + DOE
Monday- Friday- REQUIRES FLEXIBLE HOURS
1 Full-time Opening
This position reports to assigned Justice Services Program Manager. As a member of the Justice Services Team, case manager is responsible for assisting youth in determining their needs, developing and coordinating the case plan, linking with needed housing, medical, social, emotional and vocational services in the community, and acting as a liaison between all support services being provided. Case Managers will be expected to adapt to diversity and the cultural contexts of individuals and communities served. In addition, case manager will offer The Change Companies Interactive Journaling curriculum to youth and will support youth is successful completion of services. Regularly attends all mandatory meetings. Does not supervise any other staff or volunteer.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts according to Child and Elder Abuse Reporting laws.
- Develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with assigned youth and families.
- Engage youth and family in accessing program services.
- Coordinate referrals and linkages to identified resources in the community.
- Administer designated assessment tools to increase client engagement, assist client to identify needs and progress towards meeting goals.
- Provide Interactive Journaling curriculum in group format to support identified needs determined through intake and assessments
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with public and private community agencies in order to facilitate referral and linkage opportunities for youth and families
- Liaison with community resources to develop and maintain resource library
- Coordinate transportation for client as needed to meet identified goals
- Maintain a variety of confidential and non-confidential records for the purpose of documenting activities, providing up-to-date reference and audit trail and/or ensuring the availability of items.
- Complete and submit timely documentation on each required service according to contract and/or program requirements.
- Participate in staff development and training; including, but not limited to, strength-based and trauma informed approaches to serviced deliver.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred. Demonstrate cultural and linguistic competencies, value diversity, and an ability to assess oneself. B.A. in psychology, sociology, criminal justice or related fields. Ability to develop respectful and supportive relationships with key partners, stakeholders and clients. Experience and knowledge of Ventura County community resources preferred. Must be able to function in a team environment and interact productively with various organizational cultures, and yet be able to work independently when required. Solid writing skills to satisfy project documentation requirements. Flexible and non-structured work hours. Experience working with Microsoft Office. Experience with Case Management. Successful background and criminal clearance required, including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, automobile insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org