HT Case Management Specialist – Human Trafficking Client Services
On-Site, In Person Direct Services, No Remote Work
Full Time Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:30p
Hourly Rate: $16.50/hour $17 for bilingual + DOE
Female preferred based on client ratios
In-person work, no remote option
This position reports to Human Trafficking Client Services Program Manager and constitutes a member of the Family Violence Intervention Services team. Provides onsite, awake supervision of the shelter facility, grounds, and residents during assigned shifts. Provides client centered culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy and case management services to for shelter residents, and to victims of human trafficking and domestic violence through the 24/7 crisis hotline, while ensuring safety and cultural responsiveness. Serves as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code 1038.2, as well as a domestic violence counselor as stated in California Evidence Code 1037.1.
- Responds to victims, service providers, and community members through the 24/7 crisis hotline. Assesses the needs of victims, provide crisis counseling, information, safety planning, and appropriate referrals; as well as case consultation to law enforcement and medical providers.
- Coordinate with On Call Responders for in-person emergency response to victims, when requested by law enforcement and medical providers.
- Provide supervision of shelter residents including emotional support and assistance with conflict resolution between residents.
- Respond to any emergencies that arise at the shelter and communicate with supervisor as appropriate.
- Maintain updated case notes, service logs and other documentation as required.
- Provide frequent housekeeping duties as assigned and participate in shelter activities.
- Develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Maintain lines of communication with supervisor and other program staff following each shift or for assistance when troubleshooting.
- Conduct shelter supply inventories and facility safety checks and submit logs on a regular basis.
- Support a positive working environment and work successfully as a member of a team.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and in-service trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual Preferred; English/Spanish or English/Mandarin. Requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or higher in related field, or equivalent experience working with victims of trauma. Experience working with victims of child abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault or human trafficking in a residential setting highly preferred. Ability to handle emergency/crisis situations, strong decision-making skills, case management, conflict resolution, leadership and time management skills are required. Must be able to prioritize tasks, organize thoughts and communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required. Requires flexibility with schedule with after hours and overnight availability. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures. Must complete the required 60-hour human trafficking and domestic violence trainings within 3 months of hire. Must maintain the confidentiality of the shelter locations as well as information pertaining to clients receiving services. Requires ability to collaborate with agency staff and community partners while demonstrating exemplary customer service. Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office and the internet. Familiarity with mandatory child abuse reporting requirements, domestic violence advocacy, and human trafficking services highly preferred. Requires reliable transportation, proof of a valid California driver’s license and the ability to maintain an acceptable driving record as required by the insurance agency provider. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
Confidential Shelter Location in Ventura County
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org