Hourly rate: $16.50 per hour, $17.00 for bilingual
Part-time 20 hours per week – Bilingual Required
Full-time 40 hours per week – Bilingual Preferred
Female preferred based on client ratios
Must be able to provide on-site and in person services. No remote work available.
Reports to the Family Violence Intervention Shelter Services & Response Team Program Manager and constitutes a member of the Family Violence Intervention Services Department. Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy and case management services to help survivors increase their safety, heal from their trauma and establish autonomy. Serves as a Domestic Violence Counselor as stated in California Evidence Code 1037.1, as well as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code 1038.2.
- Respond immediately by phone or in person to victims and other callers through the domestic violence crisis hotline and provide crisis counseling, information and appropriate referrals.
- Provide direct assistance through in-person and telehealth sessions using a culturally and linguistically appropriate approach.
- Participate in the intake process, placement and/or relocation of clients as well as goal-oriented case management.
- Facilitate transportation from safe locations to emergency shelter including transportation to hospital, court, therapy and other necessary appointments.
- Facilitate application process, assistance and support for clients in need of public assistance, i.e. Victims of Crime Compensation, Safe at Home, DV restraining orders, transitional and permanent housing, etc.
- Ensure the shelter facilities are safe and properly maintained.
- Complete and timely submit all required documentation, statistics and evaluations.
- Develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Participate in community outreach and family violence prevention/awareness activities including speaking engagements, trainings and groups.
- Maintain lines of communication with supervisor daily. Including for assistance when troubleshooting and at the end of each shift.
- Support a positive working environment and work successfully as a member of a team.
- Serve as liaison with community partners and volunteers.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, volunteer and in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred and ability to perform all duties in both languages as needed. Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, or related field or equivalent experience working in the field of domestic violence. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures and languages. Ability to handle emergency/crisis situations, as well as possess strong skills in decision making, case management, conflict resolution, leadership and excellent time management skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks, organize thoughts and communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Requires flexibility with schedule as crisis situations may necessitate staff to respond outside of their normal schedule. Must have completed or be willing to complete the required 60-hour domestic violence and human trafficking training within 3 months of hire. Must maintain the confidentiality of the shelter locations as well as information pertaining to clients receiving services. Requires ability to collaborate with agency staff and community partners while demonstrating exemplary customer service. Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office, internet and comfortable providing support to clients utilizing multiple telehealth platforms. Must be familiar with domestic violence advocacy services. Requires reliable transportation, proof of a valid California driver’s license, proof of auto insurance coverage and the ability to maintain an acceptable driving record as required by the insurance agency provider. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com