TITLE: 211 Community Resource Specialist
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
$17/hr bilingual English/Spanish, English/Vietnamese, English/Cantonese, or English/Mandarin
+ $1/hr with active AIRS CIRS/CRS Certification
Currently working from home. Will be expected to work at their assigned worksite in Ventura County as needed.
Responsible for developing and maintaining 211 resource database entries representing multiple counties in California to ensure the 211 Contact Center and the public have access to accurate, easily understood, up-to-date information about health and human services in each area. Also responsible for supporting 211 projects, including the opportunity to assist with 211 website development. Requires the ability to maintain high quality, detail-oriented, efficient work on multiple projects on an ongoing basis. Reports to 211 Resource and Project Supervisor.
- Ensure information about community services in 211 resource database entries is accurate, clear, and up-to-date through phone and email contact with government and nonprofit organizations and through online research.
- Create, edit, and organize written documentation about community services based on Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) Standards and department best practices.
- Identify new resources available in the community through online research for inclusion in the 211 database.
- Support additional 211 projects, including completing special projects related to resource database improvements, website edits, or services for callers.
- Complete program outreach as needed
- Assist with texting and call handling as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication required, including ability to organize and edit written information for multiple audiences
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Strong time management skills required
- Ability to master new systems and assist in process development required
- Comfort using Microsoft Office programs (particularly Outlook and Excel) strongly preferred
- Minimum AA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience providing information and referral services or working in social services preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or Power BI preferred
- Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org