Description of project / program
Individuals impacted by human trafficking often remain hidden and out-of-sight but there are times when they may need to access medical services, seek community services or use public transportation. Unfortunately, without training, professionals working in hospitals, clinics, schools, and transit centers may not recognize the signs and indicators of human trafficking.
Training professionals and service industry workers is key to helping identify and assist individuals who are experiencing human trafficking.
We offer a professional development training on Human Trafficking for professionals including:
- Medical Professionals
- Transportation Operators
- School staff including teachers, counselors and administrative staff
- Law Enforcement officers and administrative staff
- Community-based organization staff
- Hospitality workers
Trainings are tailored to address the particular needs of the industry and how professionals in that field may come in contact with potential human trafficking victims.
HT 101 trainings include the following information:
- Definition of human trafficking – what is sex and labor trafficking.
- How trafficking happens and what it can look like in our community
- Understanding who is vulnerable to human trafficking
- Recognizing the red flags and key indicators of human trafficking
- What to do when you encounter a potential victim and what resources are available
An HT 101 training on Labor Trafficking is also available to provide specific information and resources for professionals.
HT 101 Community Awareness Presentation
- What is Human Trafficking?
- Misconceptions of Human Trafficking
- Does Human Trafficking occur in Ventura County?
- How Can You Help a Potential Victim?
For more information and to request a professional development training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.