Community Awareness and Outreach efforts include free presentations, informational booths, and resources focusing on family violence prevention. Our dedicated staff and volunteers conduct talks at various locations like schools, universities, faith centers, workplaces, medical facilities, law enforcement agencies, health fairs, and community events.
Individuals impacted by Domestic Violence often may need to access medical services or seek community services. Unfortunately, without training, professionals working in hospitals, clinics and schools may not recognize the signs and indicators of Domestic Violence.
We offer a professional development training on domestic violence for the following sectors:
- Medical Professionals
- School staff, including teachers, counselors, administrative staff, and parents
- Law Enforcement officers and administrative staff
- Community-based organization staff
Trainings are tailored to address the particular needs of the industry and how professionals in that field may come in contact with potential victims of Domestic Violence.
Domestic Violence 101 trainings include the following information:
- Definition of Domestic Violence and the cycle of violence
- Recognizing the red flags and key indicators of Domestic Violence
- Effects of Domestic Violence on children
- What to do when you encounter a potential victim
- The resources are available to victims of Domestic Violence
For more information and to request a professional development training, please email email@example.com.