On-Call Responder – Bilingual Preferred
Hourly rate: $16.00 / hour non-bilingual; $16.50/hour bilingual
Intermittent On-Call up to 19 hours per week
Remote Phone Service with some On-Site, In Person, and Direct Services
Reports to the Family Violence Shelter and Response Team Program Manager. The On-Call Responder constitutes a member of the Family Violence Intervention Services Department team. Through the agency’s 24/7 Crisis Hotline, provides on-call crisis response and assistance to victims and survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking. Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy and case management services to help survivors heal from their trauma and establish their autonomy. Ensures client-centered advocacy and support is provided by facilitating access to services for victims both community or shelter based, while ensuring safety. Serves as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code 1038.2 as well as a domestic violence counselor as stated in California Evidence Code 1037.1.
- Respond immediately by phone or in person to victims, other service providers, and community members through the 24/7 crisis hotline. Assesses the needs of victims, provide crisis counseling, information, safety planning, and appropriate referrals; as well as provide case consultation to law enforcement and medical providers.
- Provide crisis counseling and culturally and linguistically appropriate assistance to potential victims identified through training sessions.
- Participate in intake process, placement and/or relocation of clients.
- Facilitate transportation from safe locations to emergency shelter or other safe location.
- Complete and timely submit all required documentation, statistics and evaluations.
- Develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Participate in community outreach and family violence prevention/awareness activities including speaking engagements, trainings and groups.
- Maintain lines of communication with supervisor and following shift or for assistance when troubleshooting.
- Support a positive working environment and work successfully as a member of a team.
- Serve as liaison with community partners and volunteers.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, volunteer and in-service trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual preferred, English/Spanish or English/Mandarin. Requires a minimum of an associate degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field or equivalent experience working in the field of human trafficking, domestic violence or sexual assault. Ability to handle emergency/crisis situations, as well as possess strong skills in decision making, case management, conflict resolution, leadership and excellent time management skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks, organize thoughts and communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Requires flexibility with schedule as crisis situations may necessitate staff to respond outside of normal schedule. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures. Must have completed or be available to complete the required 60-hour human trafficking and domestic violence trainings within 3 months of hire. Must maintain the confidentiality of the shelter locations as well as information pertaining to clients receiving services. Requires ability to collaborate with agency staff and community partners while demonstrating exemplary customer service. Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office and the internet. Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org