FAMILY VIOLENCE INITIATIVES GROUP FACILITATOR
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Hourly Rate: $18.50 per hour
Bilingual: Spanish Required
Ventura location and temporary remote
This position is part of the Family Violence Initiatives Team and reports to the Family Violence Initiatives Program Manager. The Group Facilitator will be responsible for the development and facilitation of family violence related, psycho-educational groups including, but not limited to, A Window Between Worlds and the Triple P Parenting Program. The position will coordinate and deliver programs in shelter and community-based settings throughout Ventura County. The position will be responsible for identifying potential clients, screening, conducting intakes and registering them to A Window Between Worlds and Triple P groups. The Group Facilitator will also be responsible for providing follow-up and referrals for families needing further mental health and counseling services. The position will serve as the liaison between Interface’s Family Violence Intervention Services (FVIS) Department and the Mental Health Department.
- Successfully complete training and accreditation of L2 seminars, L4 Group Triple P.
- Coordinates and facilitates Triple P groups and A Window Between Worlds groups with families using a trauma informed lends while ensuring program fidelity, including the administration of required pre and post-assessments and other evaluation tools for group participants.
- Organizes and facilitates trauma informed and culturally responsive psycho-educational classes, workshops and program activities for families impacted by domestic violence.
- Screens, conducts intakes, and registers clients to internal programs such as Triple P, A Window Between Worlds and provides referrals to mental health counseling services as needed.
- Ensures that the lesson plans and program activities adhere to the agency approved curriculum and the requirements of A Windows Between Worlds and Triple P program protocols.
- Contributes to research, development and implementation of best practice and evidence-based training curricula.
- Maintains documentation for group participants, including filing of weekly case notes, assignments and other relevant correspondence.
- Participates in training, workshop development, and implementation strategies that contribute to the integration of evidence-based practices as a part of department training and technical assistance efforts.
- Maintain accessible and complete records regarding resources, key contacts, evaluation data and organized records of all meetings and events. Contribute to data collection and program evaluation efforts.
- Participates in staff meetings and supervision.
- Represents agency at assigned community meetings, taskforces, councils, work groups or outreach events as assigned.
- Mandated reporter of child and elder abuse.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in psychology or related field. Master’s Degree highly preferred. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience facilitating psycho-educational groups and must possess strong group management skills. Extensive knowledge of family systems, dynamics of domestic violence, substance abuse, child abuse, parenting, child development and the cycle of violence. Must possess strong crisis intervention skills and have firm knowledge of reporting laws. Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. Must be able to work independently and maintain flexibility. Experience with private and/or public social service agencies desirable Experience working with youth desirable. Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends. Spanish fluency, both oral and written is required. Successful background and criminal clearance required, including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered) and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org