Base Pay Rate: $15.50/hr
$16.50/hr bilingual English/Spanish | English/Vietnamese | English/Cantonese | English/Mandarin
+ $1.00 with active AIRS CIRS Certification
Currently working from home temporarily due to Covid, however employees will be expected to work at their assigned worksite in Ventura County as needed or when we are able to return to offices.
Provides community outreach for regular 2-1-1 work and special projects. Deliver high quality, professional information and referral services to callers and actively support department functions. Assess caller needs, search online database for organizations that are capable of meeting those needs, provide caller with referrals to multiple organizations and thoroughly document each call. Other duties as assigned. Work varied hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Provide high-quality, multidimensional information and referral services at events and to callers from multiple counties.
- Provide education and intake on special projects.
- Help 2-1-1 contacts identify their health and human service needs.
- Thorough documentation of event activity and calls in call handling database.
- Active participant in keeping resource database updated with accurate information about community resources.
- Actively support Call Center team and management in maintaining and developing services.
- Report technical or programmatic issues as needed.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as needed.
- Work varied hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Extended hours as needed in times of disaster in any county served.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- Effective, accurate written (English) and verbal (English and Spanish) communication required.
- Excellent customer service skills required, particular in relation to phone-based services.
- Minimum of AA degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in call center preferred.
- Familiarity with social service delivery systems strongly preferred.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must have strong skills in use of computer and telephone communication and documentation.
- Must show personal initiative for following guidelines and directions.
- Successful criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org