Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full Time
Hourly Rate: $25.00 + .50 Bilingual
Position Overview: As Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely invoicing, and monitoring billing activities in compliance with contract terms and government regulations. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, and a solid understanding of government contracting and billing processes.
The AR Manager will supervise this position under the leadership of the Controller.
- Review and analyze contract agreements, purchase orders, and other documentation to determine billing requirements, rates, and frequency.
- Verify, and update if needed, billing worksheets used for analysis and invoice preparation.
- Collect and analyze reports and data including labor hours, expenses, materials, subcontractor costs, and other billable activities used to prepare and supplement invoices.
- Prepare invoice packages ensuring adherence to specific billing requirements.
- Financial Record Keeping: Maintain organized and up-to-date billing records, including supporting documentation, backup files, and audit trails for future reference and audit purposes.
- Billing Issue Resolution: Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or issues by working closely with Accounts Receivable Manager, Controller and Directors to ensure timely resolution and payment.
- Collections: Monitor accounts receivable aging and follow up with customers on delinquent payment.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline billing processes, enhance accuracy, and optimize efficiency by proposing and implementing process improvements and automation solutions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or a related field is preferred. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience in complex billing, integrating, and assembling invoices and supporting documentation preferred. Prior experience with a government contractor and/or non-profit organization is a plus.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical Skills: Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to identify billing discrepancies, perform reconciliations, and resolve issues efficiently.
- Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate and interact professionally with clients, and government representatives.
- Organization and Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Software Proficiency: Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word. Familiarity with accounting systems (e.g., Sage Intacct) is a plus.
- Ethics and Compliance: Strong ethical standards, commitment to maintaining confidentiality, and adherence to relevant government regulations and industry standards.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge and expertise to achieve collective goals.
- Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org