Status: Non-exempt Full-time
Hourly Rate: $30 + DOE (Depending on Experience)
Currently working from home temporarily due to Covid, however employees will be expected to work at their assigned worksite in Ventura County as needed or when we are able to return to offices.
This position reports to the Chief Program Officer (CPO) and participates as part of the Program Operations Team. The Trainer will play a pivotal role in the design, implementation, and monitoring of program and agency training standards. The Trainer will be committed to ensuring that Interface has a competent, sensitive, and healthy workforce positioned to operate in an effective, efficient, and responsive manner. The trainer will be responsible for collaborating with the Executive Team in the design, implementation, and monitoring of comprehensive training and professional development plans. The Trainer will develop and or coordinate the delivery of in-person internal training and will coordinate training completion vis-a-vi our training database and external training opportunities. The trainer will recommend, monitor, and evaluate goals, objectives, policies, and procedures related to training standard.
- Develop professional relationships with the Executive and Leadership Teams (ET& LT) and assist in the training and evaluation of the competency of Interface personnel
- Work closely with the CPO and HR Director in the formulation of training standards; will write and review policies and procedures related to training and development; and will determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops
- Effectively diagnose training needs and subsequently design and promote trainings that ensure workforce competence, cultural awareness/sensitivity, and responsiveness
- Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works
- Conduct seminars, workshops, and small group training sessions, with an emphasis on evidence-based and practice-based trainings
- Facilitate/coordinate staff engagement in in-person trainings, use of the training database, and completion of trainings with external agencies/consultants/Subject Matter Experts
- Facilitate successful training goal completion through coaching, professional learning networks, problem solving and strategic planning
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of trainings and trainings plans to maintain a competent, healthy, and responsive workforce, and routinely use training feedback to develop/or modify trainings or to acquire new trainings
- Responsible for setting up and managing training records of all Interface personnel
- Create, market, and manage training schedules, and coordinate training schedule with the hiring and training demands of HR, and the various agency departments
- Monitors closely the training performance of new staff and early career professionals (trainees/associates, interns).
- Stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
- Develop relationships with local universities and actively recruit and engage students in internship programs.
- In collaboration with program leadership, oversee the internship goals of interns
- Provide support in the oversight of interns
- Collaborate with CPO in the design and implementation of new leader and rising leader onboarding and mentorship programs
- Ensures that the Agency is in compliance with all related grant/fund training requirements
- Engage with staff in an accountable way demonstrating cultural sensitivity, attunement, and responsiveness
- Other tasks as assigned
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and experience in a social service field. A Masters Degree is preferred. Successful candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Training experience is required, including the ability to work with diverse groups, design and monitor training plans for personnel with different roles, expertise, and demographics. Ability to handle multiple and complex tasks is a must. Experience and knowledge of specific social service programs such as mental health, domestic violence, homeless services would be helpful. Must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively with groups. Must have the ability to critically think, face challenges with resourcefulness, and generate innovative approaches. Skilled use of computer programs to include Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. Successful background and criminal clearance is required. Proof of a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, automobile insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org