TITLE: Payroll Administrator
HOURS: 40 hours per week
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURLY RATE: $25.00
The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for processing the agency semi-monthly payroll accurately and timely, preparing all payroll reports and reconciliation detail, as well as working with the HR Staff to ensure . The breakdown of duties is approximately 85% Payroll and 15% Accounting.
- Reviews work records, on-line timecards, benefit time usage for accuracy and confirms management authorizations.
- Monitors wage violations and or excess overtime and reports issues. Research other discrepancies in payroll system as directed prior to processing payroll.
- Preparation of agency semi-monthly payroll which includes all types of compensation, wages, overtime, deductions, and benefits, including 401k distribution/matching processing and reporting.
- Submits payroll and at the end of every pay cycle, prepares payroll general ledger journal entries.
- Inputs Human Resource information into the payroll system, including but not limited to ACA information, W-4 information, and other employee status changes.
- Preparation and maintenance of tax data, quarterly and year-end payroll processing. Provides various reporting for audits, management, verifications, legal requests as needed.
- Maintains, generates, and analyzes reports and schedules to assist with monthly accounting functions.
- Provides time keeping system training materials to staff and assists with instruction and training.
9. Prepares and submits Form DE-34 & the Multiple Worksite Report to EDD as required.
10. Other duties as assigned or necessary.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting or related field. Three years of experience with Payroll processing for 190+ staff desirable. iSolved Payroll experience preferred. Must maintain confidentiality and discrete handling of confidential information. The successful candidate must have the ability to manage time and tasks effectively; the capacity for detailed work and experience in systems development; excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess strong Excel and Word skills and the ability to work in a team environment, yet be self-directed, as required.
Successful background and criminal clearance required and maintained, including but not limited to California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI, Child Abuse Index and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California Drivers License, reliable transportation, proof of automobile insurance (listed as covered), pass and maintain driving approval as required by our insurer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com