EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt/40 hours Full time
RATE: $16 per hr + $ .50 Bilingual English/Spanish
Under general supervision of a Neighborhoods for Learning Program Manager, this position is responsible for providing administrative and project support to the NfL program in designated region. They will provide excellent customer service to families, staff and stakeholders, participating as a valued member of the program and the agency. Demonstrate a spirit of community, excellence, integrity, respect and service. Represent the agency mission, vision and values.
- Provide a welcoming environment mirroring the uniqueness of each community in the service region;
- Greet and receive incoming calls and walk-in traffic, identifying need while following appropriate engagement and referral process.
- Responds to requests from the community for general information about the site/agency, services, programs, activities and resources.
- Provide administrative and project support to manager or designee at the site.
- Maintain outreach materials.
- Support enrollment and daily operations.
- Enter screenings, demographic, and program data into assigned information system thoroughly and timely.
- Process and receive orders.
- Delivery of sensitive documents to various departments and community stakeholders.
- Participate in community outreach activities and department events.
- Liaison with department and administrative staff located at F5VC and Interface administrative offices.
- Work collaboratively with NfL team.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings per manager requests.
- Demonstrate a team spirit with the department, agency and community at large.
- Reflect the Interface MVV in daily interactions and project performance.
- Support data collection and entry as advised
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: BA/BS or equivalent years of experience; one to two years of administrative experience; previously acquired solid level of administrative skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task, project completion, excellent customer service, excellent oral and written communication skills. Must enjoy both administrative tasks and engaging with young children, families while providing assistance to the community. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred. Experience providing excellent customer service to the community, and administrative support to various levels of staff. Able to accept task assignment from NfL team members. Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skill level using Microsoft Office-including Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and database knowledge to achieve data base entry projects. Able to meet deadlines and assist in completion of time sensitive projects. Maintain confidentiality and healthy boundaries. Must be 21 years of age or older. Successful background and criminal clearance required, including but not limited to, California Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Proof of a valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation, automobile insurance and maintain an acceptable driving record as required by our insurer.
If you are interested in this position, please do the following:
- Email or mail a letter of interest.
- Include your resume noting the title of the position in the subject line.
Interface Children & Family Services
Attn: Kim Mora, Human Resources Director
4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Suite I
Camarillo, CA 93012