Hourly Rate: $16.50/hour $17 for bilingual
Full Time 40 Hours
Female preferred based on client ratios
This position reports to Human Trafficking Client Services Program Manager and constitutes a member of the Family Violence Intervention Services team. Provides onsite, awake supervision of the shelter facility, grounds, and residents during assigned shifts. Provides client centered culturally and linguistically appropriate advocacy and case management services to for shelter residents, and to victims of human trafficking and domestic violence through the 24/7 crisis hotline, while ensuring safety and cultural responsiveness. Serves as a Human Trafficking Caseworker pursuant to Evidence Code 1038.2, as well as a domestic violence counselor as stated in California Evidence Code 1037.1.
- Responds to victims, service providers, and community members through the 24/7 crisis hotline. Assesses the needs of victims, provide crisis counseling, information, safety planning, and appropriate referrals; as well as case consultation to law enforcement and medical providers.
- Coordinate with On Call Responders for in-person emergency response to victims, when requested by law enforcement and medical providers.
- Provide supervision of shelter residents including emotional support and assistance with conflict resolution between residents.
- Respond to any emergencies that arise at the shelter and communicate with supervisor as appropriate.
- Maintain updated case notes, service logs and other documentation as required.
- Provide frequent housekeeping duties as assigned and participate in shelter activities.
- Develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Maintain lines of communication with supervisor and other program staff following each shift or for assistance when troubleshooting.
- Conduct shelter supply inventories and facility safety checks and submit logs on a regular basis.
- Support a positive working environment and work successfully as a member of a team.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and in-service trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual Preferred; English/Spanish or English/Mandarin. Requires a minimum of an Associate Degree, or related field or equivalent experience working with victims of trauma in a residential setting including child abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault or human trafficking. Ability to handle emergency/crisis situations, as well as possess strong skills in decision making, case management, conflict resolution, leadership and excellent time management skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks, organize thoughts and communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Requires flexibility with schedule with after hours and overnight availability. Must be sensitive and competent to serve clients from diverse cultures. Must have completed or be available to complete the required 60-hour human trafficking and domestic violence trainings within 3 months of hire. Must maintain the confidentiality of the shelter locations as well as information pertaining to clients receiving services. Requires ability to collaborate with agency staff and community partners while demonstrating exemplary customer service. Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office and the internet. Must be familiar with mandatory child abuse reporting requirements and domestic violence advocacy services. Requires reliable transportation, proof of a valid California driver’s license and the ability to maintain an acceptable driving record as required by the insurance agency provider. Successful background and criminal clearance required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org